Content marketers publish. Publishers content market. But they are not the same. Yet.
Content Marketers publish content, but they also:
• develop lead generation
• lead nurturing
• optimize their content
• track and measure
• innovate new content ideas to reach specific personas
• innovate new content ideas customized for niche networks
• take calculated risks
• establish success metrics and micro-goals
• curate content
• develop original content
• utilize advertiser content assets
• conduct content audits
• employ a smart governance system
Publishers should do all this too. With the power packed and honed story-telling finesse in their arsenal, they have the grit to content marketing with the best of them.
Are content marketers and publishers headed toward a future cross-pollination: I’ll show you my story telling and you show me your lead nurturing tricks?